from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fast-paced science fiction involving futuristic computer-based societies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subgenre of science fiction which focuses on computer or information technology and virtual reality.
- n. A cyberpunk character, a hacker punk, a high-tech low life.
- n. A writer of cyberpunk fiction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a programmer who breaks into computer systems in order to steal or change or destroy information as a form of cyber-terrorism
- n. a writer of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology
- n. a genre of fast-paced science fiction involving oppressive futuristic computerized societies
cyber- + punk, coined by Bruce Bethke as the title of a 1983 short story. (Wiktionary)