from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The formation, development, and variation of cells. Also called cytogeny.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The formation, development and variation of cells
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Development of cells in animal and vegetable organisms. See gemmation, budding, karyokinesis; also Cell development, under cell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Cell-formation; the genesis or development of cells in animal and vegetable organisms: originally used in vegetable physiology. Also cystogenesis, cytogeny.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the origin and development and variation of cells
cyto- + -genesis (Wiktionary)