from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. To appear as dark.
- adv. mysterious
- adv. Faintly seen in the dark.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With imperfect light, clearness, or knowledge; obscurely; dimly; blindly; uncertainly.
- adv. With a dark, gloomy, cruel, or menacing look.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a dark manner; so as to appear dark; as a dark object or spot.
- Blindly; as one deprived of sight; with uncertainty.
- Dimly; obscurely; faintly; imperfectly.
- Mysteriously; with sinister vagueness: as, it was darkly hinted that murder had been committed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a dark glowering menacing manner
- adv. without light
dark + -ly (Wiktionary)