from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dawn.
- n. The first beginnings of something.
- v. Present participle of dawn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the first light of day; dawn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The first appearance of light in the morning; daybreak; dawn.
- n. First advent or appearance; beginning.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the first light of day
An alteration of dawing, under the influence of Scandinavian cognates (compare Swedish, Danish dagning). (Wiktionary)