from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The very beginning of the day; dawn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The time of day at which the first crow of a cockerel is heard; dawn or daybreak; first light
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The time at which cocks first crow; the early morning; the first light of day.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The time at which cocks crow; the dawn of day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the first light of day
Sorry, no etymologies found.