from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ringing or sounding of bells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tinkling sound, as of a bell or of breaking glass.
- n. The ringing of bells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tinkling sound, as of a bell or bells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ringing of a bell or of bells; a sound like that of ringing bells.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sound of a bell ringing
From tintinnabulum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Noun of action from tintinnabulate, from Latin tintinnabulum ("a bell"), from tintinō, a reduplicated form of tinniō ("ring, jingle"). (Wiktionary)