from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Statistics Any one of the numbers or values in a series dividing the distribution of the individuals in the series into ten groups of equal frequency.
- n. Statistics Any one of the ten groups.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the values in a series that divides the distribution of individuals in that series into ten groups of equal frequency.
- n. Any one of the ten subsets or groups so divided.
- n. An aspect or position of two planets when they are distant from each other a tenth part of the zodiac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (statistics) any of nine points that divided a distribution of ranked scores into equal intervals where each interval contains one-tenth of the scores
dec(i)- + -ile2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)