from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The astrological aspect of planets distant from each other by 72° or one fifth of the zodiac.
- n. Statistics The portion of a frequency distribution containing one fifth of the total sample.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the quantiles which divide an ordered sample population into five equally numerous subsets.
- n. A subset thus obtained.
- n. An aspect of planets that are distant from each other by one fifth of a zodiac (72°)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The aspect of planets when separated the fifth part of the zodiac, or 72°.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The aspect of planets when they are distant from each other the fifth part of the zodiac, or 72°.
Latin quīntus, fifth; see penkwe in Indo-European roots + -ile (as in quartile).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)