American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The cardinal number equal to 1033.
- n. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1060.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. According to English notation, a million involved to the tenth power, being a unit with sixty ciphers annexed.
- n. According to the modern French notation, winch is also used in the United States, a thousand involved to the eleventh power, being a unit with thirty-three ciphers annexed. [Owing to the ambiguity resulting from the partial adoption of the second meaning, this and similar words (except million) are practically disused.]
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. According to the English notation, a million involved to the tenth power, or a unit with sixty ciphers annexed; according to the French and American notation, a thousand involved to the eleventh power, or a unit with thirty-three ciphers annexed. [See the Note under numeration.]
- dec- (“ten”) + -illion (Wiktionary)
- Latin decem, ten; see deci- + (m)illion. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Three million tons of matter go into that colossal furnace every second of time, and out of that comes two and a half decillion ergs of energy.”
“Comma after "Actually" and a period at the end. ten billion trillion trillion carats = ten billion trillion trillion = ten decillion”
“More importantly, I am a huge geek (bordering on dork) when it comes to numbers, and when I was a kid I would sit and memorize the names of the big exponents: decillion, nonillion, octillion (my favorite; I like the way it sounds).”
“This was not going the way she had planned, “I gave the computer eight decillion virtual hydrogen atoms, described in exquisite detail, and defined an environment with physical laws just like our own Universe, and …” Jaed’s mouth scrunched up at the look on Almod’s face.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘decillion’.
Words are all I have to take your heart away
Words gathered while reading The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut.
Names of numbers.
Looking for tweets for decillion.