from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To release (something) through pores or interstices.
- transitive v. To remove (an absorbed or adsorbed substance) from.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove (or be removed) from a surface onto which it was adsorbed or through which it was absorbed
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove from a surface on which it is adsorbed
- v. go away from the surface to which (a substance) is adsorbed
de- + (ab)sorb or (ad)sorb.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)