from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Barefoot or wearing sandals. Used of certain religious orders.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. shoeless; barefoot; without shoes on; wearing sandals rather than shoes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Unshod; barefooted; -- in distinction from calced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without shoes; unshod; barefooted: specifically applied to a branch of the Carmelite monks known as Discalceati (the barefooted).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of certain religious orders) barefoot or wearing only sandals
From Latin discalceātus : dis-, dis- + calceātus, shod (from calceus, shoe, from calx, calc-, heel).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)