from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tool used to play bingo; a dauber.
- n. A member of the working class in Scotland who is seen as undereducated, with poor taste, especially in clothes, and poor social skills. Closely related to the English chav.
- n. One who dobs (informs against or implicates to authority).
- n. Any small electronic device that plugs directly into a larger one, such as a wireless scoring system in fencing or a USB mass storage device.
- n. A large marble.
- n. A float (as used by an angler).
- n. A dabchick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See dabchick.
- n. A float to a fishing line.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Apiece; a lump: a big lump.
- n. A large heavy taw or marble.
- n. The cork or float of a fishing-line.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Nearly 60,000 people contacted the Tax Office to accuse someone of fraud in 2008-09, suggesting the only thing Australians hate more than a dobber is a cheat.
Nearly 60,000 people contacted the tax office to accuse someone of fraud in 2008-09, suggesting the only thing Australians hate more than a dobber is a cheat.
Coleman turned down the next aisle and over his shoulder said, Keep your dobber up.
J.B. Arrington said dirt dobber insects are building their nests inside barns rather than outside to stay warm for the winter.
And then from there they moved on to the next section where they used a dobber.
It belonged to her and she drove it regularly to go play cards and bingo I even found an ink dobber under the seat once.
What they had, they had a few frames of spinning, and they had two slashers, and then they had I forget how many dobber-headed looms.
Sit all day on a rock watching your float, or cork, or _dobber_, as the Dutch boys call it, dance merrily over the waves, occasionally disappearing under the surface, when the hook catches a weed.
Wen de babies had colic I'd take dirt dobber nest and make a tea, den giv did ter de baby.
Sometimes If I couldn't fin no dirt dobber nes I would git a spider web and make a tea den giv dis or else jes shake de baby by de heels.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.