from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A polyhedron with 12 faces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A polyhedron with twelve faces; the regular dodecahedron has regular pentagons as faces and is one of the Platonic solids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A solid having twelve faces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geometry, a solid having twelve faces. Also duodecahedron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any polyhedron having twelve plane faces
Greek dōdekaedron : dōdeka, twelve; see dodecagon + -edron, -hedron.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek δωδεκάεδρον. (Wiktionary)