American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A metal identification disk attached to a dog's collar.
- n. A metal identification tag worn on a chain around the neck by members of the armed forces.
- n. A small metal disk, attached to a dog's collar, containing identification information
- n. by extension The identification tags worn around the neck by military personnel
- n. metal plate on a dog collar bearing its registration number
- n. military identification tag worn on a chain around the neck
“Darcy's finger sawed along her dog tag chain pensively.”
Looking for tweets for dog tag.