from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metal identification disk attached to a dog's collar.
- n. A metal identification tag worn on a chain around the neck by members of the armed forces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small metal disk, attached to a dog's collar, containing identification information
- n. The identification tags worn around the neck by military personnel
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. metal plate on a dog collar bearing its registration number
- n. military identification tag worn on a chain around the neck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.