from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or held to be characteristic of a university don; bookish or pedantic. See Synonyms at pedantic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bookish, theoretical and pedantic, as opposed to practical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. like a university don; marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning, especially its trivial aspects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of an English university don.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects
don + -ish (Wiktionary)