from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who dosses, someone known for avoiding work.
- n. A basket.
- n. A homeless and jobless person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pannier, or basket.
- n. A hanging tapestry; a dorsal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Hangings of tapestry or carpet-work, sometimes richly embroidered with silks and with gold and silver, formerly placed round the walls of a hall, or at the east end, and sometimes the sides, of the chancel of a church.
- n. Same as dorse, 2.
- n. Same as dorser, 2.
- n. In heraldry, same as water-budget.
- n. One who lodges at a doss-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who sleeps in any convenient place
Sorry, no etymologies found.