from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Meaningless speech that consists of nonsense syllables mixed with intelligible words; gibberish.
- n. Deliberately ambiguous or evasive language. Also called doublespeak.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : Lying, especially in a formal political statement.
- n. Speech which combines English and English-sounding gibberish for humorous effect.
- n. A simple phonetic code with a regular infix that makes meaningful speech sound unintelligible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. deliberately unintelligible gibberish
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.