from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of a pair of ear coverings often attached to an adjustable headband and worn to protect the ears especially against the cold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A garment to keep the ears warm.
- n. A garment or part worn over a single ear.
- n. A sound-deadening cup or a pair of such cups worn over the ear or ears.
- n. Attributive form of earmuffs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of a pair of ear coverings (usually connected by a headband) that are worn to keep the ears warm in cold weather
ear + muff (Wiktionary)