from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of theology that is concerned with the nature, constitution, and functions of a church.
- n. The study of ecclesiastical architecture and ornamentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of theology concerned with the doctrines, role etc. of a church.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science or theory of church building and decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of the church as an organized society, and of whatever relates to its outward expression or manifestation.
- n. The science of church architecture and decoration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of theology concerned with the nature and the constitution and the functions of a church
ecclesi(a) + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)