from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Infestation with echinococci.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A potentially fatal parasitic disease of animals and humans, caused by the Echinococcus tapeworm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. infestation with echinococci (tapeworms). An infection with the larval form is called hydatid disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Infection with Echinococcus, the larval stage of a tapeworm which lives in the dog; hydatid disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. infestation with larval echinococci (tapeworms)
echinococc(us) + -osis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)