from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An ecological community together with its environment, functioning as a unit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A system formed by an ecological community and its environment that functions as a unit.
- n. The interconnectedness of organisms (plants, animals, microbes) with each other and their environment.
- n. A set of interconnected products and services.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a system formed by the interaction of a community of organisms with their physical environment
Sorry, no etymologies found.