from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Strenuous physical labor and effort.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Effort or hard work, especially physical work involving repeated motion of the forearm, such as scrubbing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. energetic application of force in manual labor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colloquial or humorous expression for energetic hand-labor, as in rubbing, scouring, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. use of physical or mental energy; hard work
From elbow + grease (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.