from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An electrically produced graph or tracing.
- n. Equipment used to produce such a graph or tracing in facsimile transmission.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mark, record, or tracing made by the action of electricity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mark, record, or tracing, made by the action of electricity.
- n. An apparatus, controlled by electric devices, used to trace designs for etching.
- n. An instrument for the reproduction at a distance of pictures, maps, etc., by means of electricity.
- n. An image made by the Röntgen rays; a sciagraph.
- n. A cinematograph using the arc light.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A curve automatically traced and forming a continuous record of the indications of an electrometer.
- n. An apparatus for engraving the copper cylinders used in printing fabrics and wall-papers.
- n. In photography, a photograph of an electric spark. See the extract.
- n. An instrument for the continuous recording of atmospheric electricity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an apparatus for the electrical transmission of pictures
- n. electrical device used for etching by electrolytic means
electro- + -graph (Wiktionary)