from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Flowing forth; emanating or issuing from or as if from a source.
- adj. Passing forth into a physical act, or making itself apparent by an effect. Compare immanent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Issuing or flowing forth; emanating; passing forth into an act, or making itself apparent by an effect; -- said of mental acts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Flowing, issuing, or proceeding from something else; becoming apparent by an effect.
- n. In mathematics, the result of operating any number of times upon a quantic with the operator (x'd/dx + y'd/dy +, etc.). J. J. Sylvester, 1853.
Sorry, no etymologies found.