from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A particular style of hardcore punk rock
- n. An individual or group of people associated with that subculture and musical style.
- n. Any form of guitar-driven alternative rock that is particularly or notably emotional
- n. An individual or group of people associated with a fashion or stereotype of that style of rock.
- n. A young person who is considered to be over-emotional or stereotypically emo.
- adj. Emotional; sensitive.
- adj. Depressed.
- adj. Associated with youth subcultures embodying emotional sensitivity.
Before 2007, the term emo had never achieved common usage in Mexico.
Back when I was in high school, the term emo never existed.
He ` s part of what we call the emo man, the emotional man.
(Japanese genre, kind of similar to what we call emo)
Wow, people still think the term "emo" is relevant? wonka bar
The next person who says "emo" is getting pistol-whipped.
Anonymous said ... seriously? there was a time when those people were just called depressed or had issues. being 'emo' is stupid, and it's a stupid label.
On MySpace, they call it "emo" which is my word of the month.
And it is, if emo is defined as uninspired heavy metal.
Beast Boy was more a super-human adopted by a superteam as family -- and way more emo from the start, with his tragic backstory and all.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.