from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The point of the earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake.
- n. A focal point: stood at the epicenter of the international crisis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of epicentre.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In scismology, a point on the earth's surface from which earth quake-waves seem to go out as a center. It is situated directly above the true center of disturbance, or seismic focus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the point on the Earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake
Sorry, no etymologies found.