from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that excites: an exciter of animosity.
- n. An auxiliary generator used to provide field current for a larger generator or alternator.
- n. Electronics An oscillator for generating the carrier frequency of a transmitter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who excites
- n. The electronic oscillator that generates the carrier signal for a transmitter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, excites.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which excites; one who puts in motion, or the cause which awakens and moves or sets in operation.
- n. In medicine, a stimulant; an excitant.
- n. In electricity, the dynamo-electric machine, battery, or other apparatus, which supplies current to energize the magnetic fields of other electric machines.
Sorry, no etymologies found.