from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending or serving to excuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. serving to make an excuse
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making or containing excuse or apology; apologetical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Making excuse; containing excuse or apology; apologetical: as, an excusatory plea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. offering or expressing apology
Sorry, no etymologies found.