from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mathematics The act of raising a quantity to a power.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of calculating a power by multiplying together a number of equal factors, where the exponent specifies the number of factors to multiply.
- n. A mathematical problem involving exponentiation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of raising a quantity to some assigned power.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of affecting with an exponent or index.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of raising a quantity to some assigned power
Sorry, no etymologies found.