- adj. Consisting of or involving a single element or component.
- adj. mathematics, programming, computer engineering Of an operation, function, procedure, or logic gate, taking exactly one operand, argument, parameter, or input; having domain of dimension 1.
- n. mathematics The unary numeral system; the bijective base-1 numeral system.
- n. information theory Unary coding, an entropy encoding for natural numbers.
- adj. consisting of or involving a single element or component
- Late Latin unarius ("consisting of a single thing"), from unus ("one"). (Wiktionary)
“You get one guess as to what the unary influence resulting in this policy is.”
“Three unary propositional functions are defined, one corresponding to classical negation, as well as seven binary functions, including classical disjunction, conjunction and equivalence.”
“For example, if a unary function is considered as a set of ordered pairs, then the domain and codomain are given by the first and second projections, respectively.”
“Thus, without loss of generality, it is sufficient to consider unary functions.”
“There are 3 types of messages - unary, binary and keyword”
“It has as individual constant only the symbol 0 for zero; its only function symbols is the unary successor symbol S; addition and multiplication are expressed by predicate symbols.”
“The language of arithmetic does not contain the unary predicate symbol T.”
“Graphs, of the oriented kind arising in say automata theory where multiple edges may connect the same two vertices, can be organized as algebras having two unary operations s and t satisfying s (s (x)) =”
“Peirce defines a large number of unary and binary operators on these three truth values.”
“The role of contraction was noticed by Fitch 1936, who observed that, in order to derive the Russell paradox one considers a function of two variables, then one diagonalizes and regards such an object as a new unary propositional function.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘unary’.
A mixture of words that I like or have commented on, along with ones parked here so they'd be listed somewhere or remind me of lists I want to make.
Looking for tweets for unary.