from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A jet engine that provides extra thrust by means of a ducted fan in its forward end that draws in extra air.
- n. An airplane with such an engine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a turbofan engine
- n. an airplane powered by turbofan engines
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an airplane propelled by a fanjet engine
- n. a jet engine in which a fan driven by a turbine provides extra air to the burner and gives extra thrust
Sorry, no etymologies found.