from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who shoes horses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who maintains the health and balance of the horse's feet through the trimming of the hoof and placement of horseshoes.
- v. To practise as a farrier; to carry on the trade of a farrier.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shoer of horses; a veterinary surgeon.
- intransitive v. To practice as a farrier; to carry on the trade of a farrier.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A worker in iron; a blacksmith.
- n. A smith who shoes horses; more generally, one who combines the art of horseshoeing with the profession of veterinary surgery.
- To practise as a farrier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who shoes horses
Obsolete French ferrier, from Latin ferrārius, of iron, blacksmith, from ferrum, iron.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old French ferrier, from Latin ferrarius, from ferrum ("iron"). (Wiktionary)