from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. So as to cause death; mortally: fatally injured.
- adv. So as to result in disaster or ruin.
- adv. According to the decree of fate; inevitably.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a fatal manner; lethally.
- adv. Ultimately, with finality or irrevocability, moving towards the demise of something.
- adv. Fatedly; according to the dictates of fate or doom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a manner proceeding from, or determined by, fate.
- adv. In a manner issuing in death or ruin; mortally; destructively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By a decree of fate or destiny; by inevitable predetermination.
- In a manner leading to death or ruin; mortally; disastrously: as, the encounter ended fatally; the prince was fatally deceived.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with fatal consequences or implications
fatal + -ly (Wiktionary)