from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Pitted with cavities or cells; honeycombed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having cavities or cells like those of a honeycomb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Honeycomb; having cavities or cells, somewhat resembling those of a honeycomb; alveolate; favose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Honeycombed; alveolate; pitted; cellular. Also favose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pitted with cell-like cavities (as a honeycomb)
From New Latin faveolus : Latin favus, honeycomb + (alv)eolus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin favus honeycomb. (Wiktionary)