from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of fetter.
- adj. Bound by chains or shackles
- adj. Restricted
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Seeming as if fettered, as the feet of certain animals which bend backward, and appear unfit for walking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, having the feet stretched backward and apparently unfit for the purpose of walking, as in the seal, or concealed within the integuments of the abdomen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bound by chains fastened around the ankles
Sorry, no etymologies found.