from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A test for young, untried hunting dogs to determine their competence in pointing and retrieving. Often used in the plural.
- n. A trial of a new product in actual situations of use.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A contest between gun dogs
- n. A practical test, especially one conducted in the wild
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a test of young hunting dogs to determine their skill in pointing and retrieving
- n. a contest between gun dogs to determine their proficiency in pointing and retrieving
- n. a test of the performance of some new product under the conditions in which it will be used
Sorry, no etymologies found.