from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See pancake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pancake.
- n. A bar made of (though not limited to) rolled oats, butter, golden syrup, and brown sugar, and which is baked in a tray.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fklat cake turned on the griddle while cooking; a griddlecake or pacake.
- n. A fried dough cake containing fruit; a turnover.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cake of batter baked on a griddle, in a shallow pan, or on a board: so called from the practice of tossing the cake into the air when it is done on one side, by a dexterous movement of the griddle, in such a manner as to turn it over and catch it again flat upon the griddle with the baked side uppermost. Also flipjack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flat cake of thin batter fried on both sides on a griddle
Sorry, no etymologies found.