from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal The reverse side, as of a phonograph record.
- n. Informal The opposite side: "The flip side of retrospectively savaging the loser is beatifying . . . the winner” ( Charles Krauthammer).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The B-side of a phonograph record that carried a less popular recording.
- n. The converse; opposite, usually negative, inherent aspects or consequences of something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a different aspect of something (especially the opposite aspect)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.