from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Artificial light in an intensely bright and broad beam.
- n. A unit that produces a beam of intense light; a flood.
- transitive v. To illuminate with a floodlight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A projector of a bright beam of light for use in theatres and studios; a flood
- n. Powerful artificial illumination with a broad beam, especially in a series of units on pylons used to illuminate a sports ground.
- v. To enlighten or illuminate with floodlight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography
- v. illuminate with floodlights
Sorry, no etymologies found.