from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A courtyard in front of a building.
- n. Sports The part of a court nearest the net or wall, as in tennis or handball.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area in front of a petrol station where the petrol pumps are situated.
- n. Any open area in front of a building.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The front or first court in a series of courts or courtyards; the court or inclosed space in front of a building.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the outer or front court of a building or of a group of buildings
Sorry, no etymologies found.