from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who serves as the leader of a work crew, as in a factory.
- n. A woman who chairs and speaks for a jury.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female foreman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman who is chief; a woman who has charge of the work or workers in a shop or other place; a head woman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. forewomen (-wim″en). The head woman in a workshop or of a department in a shop, etc. Compare foreman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who is foreperson of a jury
- n. a woman in charge of a group of workers
fore- + woman (Wiktionary)