from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An aqueous solution of formaldehyde that is 37 percent by weight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A solution of formaldehyde in water; used as a disinfectant and to preserve biological specimens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An aqueous solution of formaldehyde, used as a preservative in museums and as a disinfectant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A trade-name for aqueous or dilute methyl alcoholic solutions of formaldehyde, containing up to 40 per cent. of the latter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a 10% solution of formaldehyde in water; used as a disinfectant or to preserve biological specimens
Originally a trademark.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)