from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A railroad car designed for carrying freight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a railway wagon for carrying goods
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See under Car.
- n. a car for the transportation of merchandise or other goods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A railroad-car for carrying freight, commonly a box-car. Called in Great Britain a goods-wagon or goods-van.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a railway car that carries freight
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.