from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One, such as a person or an organization, that raises funds.
- n. A social function, such as a dinner, held for raising funds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An event undertaken to get money for a particular activity, such as equipment for extracurricular sports programs, or to defray laboratory costs (salaries) for research of a cure for a particular disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who solicits financial contributions
- n. a social function that is held for the purpose of raising money
fund + raiser (Wiktionary)