from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of fungal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a fungus; fungal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the nature of fungi; spongy.
- adj. Growing suddenly, but not substantial or durable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to or having the character of fungi; spongy.
- Characterized by the appearance of fungoid growths; as, a fungous disease.
- Growing or springing up suddenly, but not substantial or durable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to fungi
Middle English, tender (as mushrooms), from Latin fungōsus, spongy, from fungus, fungus; see fungus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)