from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See bush baby.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, nocturnal and arboreal African lemur-like primate, (family Galagidae, genus Galago) with a catlike head and very large, translucent eyes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of African lemurs, including numerous species.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [NL.] The typical genus of the subfamily Galagininæ, containing the true galagos of Africa, of the size of a squirrel and upward.
- n. [lowercase; pl. galagos (-gōz).] A species or individual of the genus Galago or subfamily Galagininæ. See gum-animal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. agile long-tailed nocturnal African lemur with dense woolly fur and large eyes and ears
New Latin Galago, genus name, perhaps from Wolof golo, monkey.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Possibly from Wolof golo ("monkey"). (Wiktionary)