from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Variant of goffer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To plait, crimp, or flute; to goffer, as lace.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To plait, crimp, or flute; to goffer, as lace. See goffer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as goffer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make wavy with a heated goffering iron
- n. an ornamental frill made by pressing pleats
- n. an iron used to press pleats and ridges
French gaufrer to figure cloth, velvet, and other stuffs, from gaufre honeycomb, waffle; of German origin. See waffle, wafer, and compare goffer, gopher an animal. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.