American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. Variant of goffer.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as goffer.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To plait, crimp, or flute; to goffer, as lace. See goffer.
- v. make wavy with a heated goffering iron
- n. an ornamental frill made by pressing pleats
- n. an iron used to press pleats and ridges
- French gaufrer to figure cloth, velvet, and other stuffs, from gaufre honeycomb, waffle; of German origin. See waffle, wafer, and compare goffer, gopher an animal. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘gauffer’.
Looking for tweets for gauffer.