from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wooden-soled shoe worn by the Japanese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Japanese raised wooden clog, worn with traditional Japanese garments such as the kimono.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A type of Japanese footwear usually with wooden soles, held to the foot by a thong that passes between the first two toes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wooden clogs worn out of doors by the Japanese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. footwear usually with wooden soles
Japanese.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Japanese 下駄 (geta). (Wiktionary)