from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various fishes, especially the ocean sunfish or puffer, having or capable of assuming a globular shape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many marine fish in the family Tetraodontidae, especially the puffer or sunfish, that can inflate itself to form a globe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plectognath fish of the genera Diodon, Tetrodon, and allied genera. The globefishes can suck in water or air and distend the body to a more or less globular form. Called also porcupine fish, and sea hedgehog. See diodon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gymnodont plectognath fish of either of the families Tetrodontidæ and Diodontidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous marine fishes whose elongated spiny body can inflate itself with water or air to form a globe; several species contain a potent nerve poison; closely related to spiny puffers
Tetrodotoxin is a powerful neurotoxin found in the skin, liver, ovary, intestine and muscle of the pufferfish species (globefish, blowfish, balloon fish, toadfish).
We were then treated to a lavish lunch of globefish, tapertail anchovies, and more than a dozen other delicacies.
What it is: One of a family of marine or estuarine fish known as Tetraodontidae whichincludesmany familiar species variously called puffers, puffer fish, balloonfish, blowfish, bubblefish, globefish, swellfish and toadfish.
"We are delighted to play such a significant role in aligning two leading media companies in an effort to serve new products and solutions to the growing US Hispanic market, starting with mobile content from Televisa's high profile catalogue," said Jennifer Koster, CEO of globefish.
"ImpreMedia is the ideal partner to deliver Televisa's mobile content, its unique relationship with millions of US Hispanics will provide all parties the ability to greatly increase their market reach, and allow globefish to extend the success of Televisa and Esmas from Latin America into the US."
"Together with Televisa and globefish, we will now be able to bring Latino's of all ages the best of Hispanic entertainment, directly to their most personal device - the mobile phone."
"ImpreMedia is thrilled to be able to offer Televisa's mobile content through this partnership with globefish." said Duran. "globefish's experience in mobile content and services and proactive involvement in our overall mobile strategy will help us to guarantee an excellent customer experience."
ImpreMedia, the No. 1 Hispanic News and Information Company in the U.S. in Online and Print, announced today that it will market Televisa's mobile content to the Hispanic community in the U.S. through a partnership with globefish, an innovative solutions provider in digital and mobile content distribution and advertising.
That’s because eating the fugu, or globefish, will kill you if it has been improperly prepared.
ImpreMedia to Market Televisa's Content for Mobile Devices in the US Market Under Partnership With globefish
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.