Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An opening through which the interior of a furnace can be seen and reached.
- n. A place for hiding away things prized; also, a cupboard for domestic utensils, as brooms, etc.
- n. A small furnace for reheating glass.
- n. Nautical, the lazaret or lazaretto, a low space below the main-deck in the after part of a vessel where provisions and spare gear are stowed.
- n. mining originally, a hole in a mineshaft where an orebody is mined upwards until it breaks through the surface into the open air.
- n. slang, sexual a hole in a screen or wall big enough to allow an erect penis to be stuck through, made to facilitate anonymous sex with another person.
- n. slang a military trench.
- n. glassblowing A hole in the side of a furnace used to heat glass held on a metal rod
- n. slang, Scotland a deep built-in cupboard under the eaves or stairs of a house used for general storage, particularly of unrelated or unwanted items stored in some disorder
- n. slang, naval in merchant and Royal Navy:
- n. An excavation into the sea floor designed to protect the wellhead equipment installed at the surface of a petroleum well from icebergs or pack ice.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an opening in the wall of a glass furnace, exposing the brilliant white light of the interior.
- n. a small locker at the stern of a boat or between decks of a ship
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘glory hole’.
words describing the sexual parts of life
Looking for tweets for glory hole.